After I came back from “The Big Summer Potluck 2012”, the first thing I did was write a note to two close blogger friends who I wished had come with me. Here’s an open letter to @Tangled Noodle and @PastryChfOnline. Someday, I hope they can come join me!
Dear Tracey and Jenni,
It’s been a week since I packed my pickles, my bags and cameras to go to “The Big Summer Potluck”.
I wish you had been with me. In one word, it was “inspiring” !
Full disclosure: I took more photos than notes. What can I say? It was the kind of weekend where you unplug, put away your notebook, and just immerse yourself in the moment.
Next time, please come join me! Good friends don’t let friends miss “The Big Summer Potluck!”
Here were some of the “can’t miss moments”…
Day 1 : Opening Dinner at the Anderson’s home
My potluck contribution’ : The Filipino Achara Green Papaya Pickles and Green Mango Sweet Pickles, perfect to pair with any dish especially the famous Pam Anderson’s fried chicken and grilled lemon chicken !
Day 2 : A day of fun at the Silver Buttons Farm
From the barn, we moved outside to enjoy the expanse of the farm. We made the outdoors our conference venue – using the green, thick grass as the cool carpet beneath our feet, the summer sun to illuminate us, the robin blue sky as our ceiling, and the trees and lush surroundings, our walls.
Yes, food bloggers sing for supper ! That’s @DivaThatAteNY Jackie Gordon belting it out like there was no tomorrow!
Day 3 : Farewell brunch at the Anderson’s home
I will always remember the “AHA” moments that weekend…
Who knew that a simple potluck, under the skies, by the trees, at the farm could bring out the best in all of us ?
- 3 days smoldering hot, with a dash of thunderstorms now and then Gorgeous summer weather
- a gazillion dishes and desserts Food
- a bottomless unlimited supply Drinks and beverages
- 1 lovely place secluded, sprawling, and private country home of Anderson's
- 1 large beautiful, rustic farm Silver Button Farms
- 5 to 6, Joy Brooke, Marisa, Molly, Pam, Chef Hansen Terrific speakers
- 3 awesome ones Pam, Maggy, Erika Event organizers
- 78 approximately some with husbands, partners, babies in tow Food Bloggers
- 1 huge one for passing around to anyone who wanted to speak up Open microphone
- Musselmann's KitchenAid,Kerrygold, Analon, Tasty Kitchen, Green Mountain Coffee, Driscoll's Berries, Attune Foods, Bob's Red Mill Sponsors, several generous ones
- A lot of it for sprinkling around Fun, Laughter, Singing, Dancing
- Be mindful.
- Be personal.
- Be warm.
- Be generous.
- Slow down.
- Have a seat.
- Have a drink.
- Share a story.
- Give a hug.
- Take photos. Lots of it.
- Be inspired.
- Finish off with a promise to be back for the next “Big Summer Potluck”!
- *Guaranteed crowd-pleaser!