Easy Chocolate Rocky Road Fudge
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you haven’t bought your sweetie a Valentine’s Day gift, you still have time to make this Easy Chocolate Rocky Road Fudge to say ‘I love you’. I said ‘easy’ because you cook this in the microwave. No need to stir anything on the stovetop. If you have chocolate chips, condensed milk and a microwave, you’re nearly done. Toss in some mini marshmallows and chopped walnuts, and you’ll have something very special.
Valentine’s is only once a year and it glorifies the retail industry. But Filipinos are a passionate people and love to express love. Valentine’s is celebrated like Christmas in the Philippines.
I love roses and chocolates like everyone else, but I tell my husband to get them from the local supermarket. There is no need for brand name boxes for a gift that comes from the heart.
Love is not just chocolates and roses. Love is the rough days, too.
Love is about disappointments, the sadness, the rejections, the day to day irritants.
Love is about caring for the one who’s ill, whether it’s a head cold or something tragically terminal.
Above all, love is about overcoming all these and hanging on to one another – spouses, siblings, children, best friends, neighbors and everyone in your life who matters.
Love is about the good and the bad, 365 days a year, 52 weeks, 24/7 non-stop. It has no expiry date.
And that, plus these Easy Chocolate Rocky Road Fudge are the best recipes for true love.
Easy Chocolate Rocky Road Fudge
- Microwave-safe glass brownie pan - 8 x 8 inches; or 9 x 11 inches
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (unsalted)
- Grease the microwave-safe glass pan with baking spray.In the pan, combine the chocolate chips and condensed milk.
- Cover the chocolate mixture with a microwave-safe cover. Microwave on High, for 1 minute.Stir with a large spoon.
- In 10 to 20 second intervals, microwave again. You might have to microwave for 10 to 20 seconds each time, for 3 times. Keep the mixture covered while microwaving.Stir each time till chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Pour the vanilla extract into the chocolate fudge mixture. Stir to combine.
- Using a spatula, while fudge is warm, fold in the mini marshmallows and the walnuts.The marshmallows will slightly melt and blend into the mixture.
- Cool on counter for 30 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate to firm up.When fudge is firm, use a sharp knife, to cut into squares. Serve for dessert or snacks.
Notes on Nutrition: The nutrition information provided in the recipe links is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.
Copyright Notice: Hello, Friends! Please DO NOT LIFT OR PLAGIARIZE Asian in America recipes on this blog, my original recipes, stories, photos or videos. All the images and content on this blog are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED and owned by my media company Besa-Quirino LLC by Elizabeth Ann Quirino. This means BY LAW you are NOT allowed to copy, scrape, lift, frame, plagiarize or use my photos, essays, stories and recipe content on your websites, books, films, television shows, videos, without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe or content on media outlets mentioned above, please ASK MY PERMISSION, or re-write it in your own words and link back to my blog AsianInAmericaMag.com to give proper attribution. It is the legal thing to do. Thank you. Email me at [email protected]