Strawberry Pineapple Coffee Cake
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Strawberries are getting sweeter by the day this season. So it only seemed right to bake a quick, easy coffee cake. I wanted it even more lively so I added pineapple slices to the recipe. The results were heavenly! This was one of the easiest cakes I’ve ever baked. I had a large carton of strawberries but not much time. Yet I needed a quick dessert fix. I’ve always loved strawberries. And pineapples have always been a favorite ingredient of mine for cooking and baking. This coffee cake was just perfect. It was easy to assemble the ingredients I had on hand. Baking time was brief. Simple, sweet and superb! It was an irresistible strawberry – pineapple coffee cake.
Strawberry Pineapple Coffee Cake
- Baking pan - 9 x 11 or 8 x 8 inches
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour Sifted
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Power
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 whole Egg
- 2 Tbsp Butter melted
- 2 cups Strawberries; washed and hulled
- 6 whole Pineapple Slices
- Sift together the 1 cup flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk and egg, and melted butter. Beat this for 2 minutes.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan. Pour the cake batter. Top with sliced strawberries and pineapple.
- Prepare the crumb topping by combining ½ cup flour, ½ cup sugar. Add the butter and cut with a fork and knife till it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the cake batter and fruit. Bake at 375 F degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- *Adapted from About.com’s Strawberry Coffee Cake
Notes on Nutrition: The nutrition information provided in the recipe links is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.
Copyright Notice: Hello, Friends! Please DO NOT LIFT OR PLAGIARIZE Asian in America recipes on this blog, my original recipes, stories, photos or videos. All the images and content on this blog are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED and owned by my media company Besa-Quirino LLC by Elizabeth Ann Quirino. This means BY LAW you are NOT allowed to copy, scrape, lift, frame, plagiarize or use my photos, essays, stories and recipe content on your websites, books, films, television shows, videos, without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe or content on media outlets mentioned above, please ASK MY PERMISSION, or re-write it in your own words and link back to my blog TheQuirinoKitchen.com to give proper attribution. It is the legal thing to do. Thank you. Email me at [email protected]
Looks very moist and delicious. Two great fruit combinations!
Thanks, Paula. This was so easy to do. Glad you stopped by.
Sounds great, and I have 4 quarts of strawberries coming tomorrow. Perfect timing, BA!
That’s wonderful! Enjoy your strawberries in a cake!Thanks & Glad you dropped by, Jenni!
Save me a piece! Looks SO moist and delicious, Betty!!
Thanks, Michelle. It’s gone now. But will be glad to bake you one when I get the chance! Glad you came by!
This is my first time seeing strawberry with pineapple combination in coffee cake. Genius! I can almost taste it…arrh totally wish it’s here!
Thanks, Nami. Try baking this coffee cake ~ it’s terrific! Glad you stopped by!