[amazon_link asins=’B00PCI6XP6,B07FW18DWQ,B000JPVCYE,B071S8ZDG2,B01JHJ9S8Y,B01BPPVNBI,B01JTZ63ZW’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’queensnotcom-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2d3169df-fa79-11e8-80e2-cd20c70965b2′]
It doesn’t take much to feed your family vegetables. I like to do a meat-vegetables combination like this Ginger Pork Meatballs with Mung Bean Sprouts. Just mix in a bunch of great ginger-flavored pork meatballs, made Filipino-style with Asian flavors. Pan sear them till the flavor and aroma hits everyone’s appetite and watch what happens.
Simply saute the vegetables in the same pan. Mix in the tomatoes, peppers and cupfuls of mung bean sprouts, also called togue (say ‘to-ge’) in the Philippines. Flavor the broth with sweet hoisin sauce which is easy to find in the ethnic aisle of major supermarkets. This is one of my go-to easy meat with vegetables meals that I often cook on weeknights. And it’s a recipe I learned from my mom, so you know this is definitely a good one.
Ginger Pork Meatballs with Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 pound Ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 whole chopped fine onion
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Xiao Xing rice wine
- 2 drops sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 stalks white part only, sliced scallions
- 1 whole chopped tomato
- 1 whole chopped red peppers
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts or togue
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3/4 cup broth
- 1 whole cut in cubes potato
- for serving steamed jasmine white rice for serving
- Prepare the meatballs by mixing in a bowl the following : Ground pork, ginger, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, salt, black pepper, sesame oil, rice wine. Blend well and refrigerate for at least an hour for easier handling.
- Shape the pork mixture into 1-inch sized meatballs. In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add a tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Pan sear the meatballs till brown. This should take about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the skillet and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Using the same skillet, over medium heat, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil. When hot enough, saute the garlic, scallions, tomato, peppers potatoes. Cook till potatoes are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce. Blend ingredients well. When liquid starts to bubble, add the mung bean sprouts. Then last, add the cooked meatballs. Serve hot with steamed jasmine white rice.
- Cook's Comments : For a vegetarian option, omit the pork meatballs, and add more mung bean sprouts to the dish. This is a wholesome, delightful dish packed with plenty of protein and nutrients. Or for other meat options, you can use ground beef or ground chicken for the meatballs and cook the same way.
- Hello, Friends! All the images and content on this blog are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED and owned by my media company Besa-Quirino LLC. This means BY LAW you are NOT allowed to copy, scrape, lift, frame, plagiarize or use my photos and recipe content I wrote, on your website,books, films, television shows or videos without my permission. If you want to republish this recipe or content on another website, video, news article,or media outlets mentioned above please ASK my permission, re-write it in your own words and simply link back to this blog to give proper attribution. It’s the legal thing to do. Thank you. Email me at [email protected]
- Disclosure: As a participant in the Amazon Affiliate program, some blog posts contain links to products used in the recipe and sold on Amazon. The price stays the same for the readers who wish to purchase these products on my links. I earn a small commission from Amazon which helps maintain the blog expenses. Thanks in advance for your support.